Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer and France

Now I am home in Lloydminster after my amazing experience in Montreal. I have a week left until I head over the "big pond"(my dad Robs reference to my travel overseas). I have had an eventful couple of weeks whilst in Canada. 
On friday I went apple picking with my dad in his little orchard oasis in Black foot. It was a nice escape from my work week, you cannot beat the prairies in the summer, how beautiful! Fresh fruit and berries, a cold beer, fresh baked apple pie and a never ending sky. We were fortunate enough to have the night rain free, so we sat in some old straw chairs and enjoyed a refreshing mug of Old Speckled Hen. 



 Here is my dad with his apple picking bucket. 




Keto my fathers dog. I was giving Keto some love, this is when I say "ok keto you smell super bad", my dad replies "That probably because he was sprayed by a skunk last night". Thanks for the heads up Rob!! I headed straight for a clean up in the rain barrel. 




 Duck Weed in the dug out

 I just cannot believe that this is water.. so amazing!


Rockin it at The Hofer Family Reunion 2011

I saw my Grandma Freda that night, she told me how she was keeping up with my travels and that she had been keeping up with my "Blob". It was hard not to laugh, but I figure if anyone that age can get onto my blog they can call it whatever they like!





My Portrait class at the Bea Fisher Center in Lloydminster



Carly and I on Mont Royal in Montreal


Wine, cheese and Baguette in La Fountain Parc


After a full bottle of wine in La Fountain


My Aunt and Mother
We decided these all looked like an engagement photo session

La Montreal Trio

Salle Manger 
The meal Carly didn't remember



The Great Gadsby Wedding in Millerville AB




Were going to France!!!



In 9 days I will be arriving in Marnay Sur-Seine where I will be living at  the CAMAC residency. I will be there painting and working with artists from all over the world. I applied earlier in the year to CAMAC and was accepted to go in the fall. Although I did not receive my funding from the Sask Arts Board I decided it was to excellent of an opportunity to turn down. So I scraped the bottom of the piggy bank and am on my way!! I will be painting and creating a new body of work mainly female figure and portraiture. I am basing the series on the comparison of female cultural interactions and relationships in Canada to those in France. I have been compiling interviews with many women, so if anyone is game for an interview let me know!!? I am both excited, apprehensive and nervous about heading to Europe as it is a tad intimidating! France should be a wonderful place for a painter don't you think?

Au revoir all! We will chat again in France!

Enjoy the rest of summer while you can!!

Love,
Brandi





No comments:

Post a Comment