Sunday, September 4, 2011

Marnay Sur-Seine in France


Last picture of the prairie sky 


Bonjour all! I have arrived in Marnay Sur-Seine at last! It is lovely here, absolutely picturesque. It is the perfect place for a painter. I am surrounded by other artists and like minded people, it is treat enough to have long conversations over a nice meal. 
This morning it was hot hot,  so a couple of us decided to bike to Nogent Sur-Seine along the Seine river. I was a wonderful day to be biking through french countryside, it felt like I was in a movie. There were tree covered paths, sunflower fields, corn, and then finally an onion field. The onion field was so fragrant that it felt like I had my head stuck in a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips (if there was a store near here that had some i would have totally indulged and now come to think of it I highly doubt there are sour cream and onion chips here). When we finally arrived in Nogent we sat down for a wonderful lunch, I had a poached salmon with hollandaise, salad, and a rice that was soaked in cream and butter and sprinkled with tarragon. To finish Nick and I shared a hot fudge sunday. It was nice to go for lunch,  where we are all living there is no restaurant or store. 
Seine River



Later in the afternoon I went for a lay down by the river where there where children playing on the beach and swimming. 

Seine River


My Balcony


View from my room


View from my room


View from my room



Attic Studio


Attic Studio


Today I set up my studio and got organized, tomorrow I will begin painting!!


Love,
Brandi

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place to be a painter! So inspiring... I can't wait to see the work you produce while there. How long are you there for?
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete