Monday, October 3, 2011

Romeo Romeo Wherefore Art Thou Romeo!!

My Favourite Picture from my Trip in Venice





































How Fortunate to begin my journey through Europe with a series of sun kissed days. My father his friend Lori and I caught the night train from Paris on Friday night. We had the pleasure of sharing the sleeping car with our new acquaintance Yoanne from Paris (his ambition was to be a doctor in North America). 









We then landed in Milan at 5:30 in the morning and then chilled at a cafe for breakfast until the sun came up, dropped the bags at our Hotel Staizone (I would recommend this hotel is had a modern decor and a reasonable stay).  We had a wonderful time catching the metro through the city to see all of the sites. The nightlife in Milan was vibrant, we dined, drank, and walked the streets. 













Milan
In the morning we caught the train to Verona the Vallipolicella region. Being a Sunday the city was quiet and still when we arrived.  In my mind I was expecting a relaxing sunday evening if we were lucky enough to find a place open. To our and my great suprise as we headed out for dinner and around the corner low and behold, lit up bridges, castle ways, cafes, tapas bars, people, and shopping. Lori and I picked out some authentic italian leather pieces while dad stopped for beer (I make this sound short but really it was a good hour and a half (I guess dad had many beer).  We then hit the alive streets of Verona to get to the ever famous Balcony of Juliette (If you touch her breast it is said to be good luck).





















Verona the Hidden Jem of Italy in my Opinion






















Juliette's Balcony


\







Juliette Boob Grab



 In Verona one of the main reasons I came was to see Juliet's Balcony and on this night I was on a mission, which the lady at the hotel described as a 15 min walk (yes with any other person but my dad, I will explain).  So here I am walking.... you know peering into the shop windows with a passive interest, well, no it was a big waiting game, a test of the patients one could say, (a real understatement) I tell you! So, a supposed 15 walk has now proceeded to turn into about and hour and ten minutes, Dad insisted on taking a photo of every shop window, every shop window, yes. Finally,  even Lori had had enough, so I say ,"Dad please can I see your camera", I throw it in my purse and Lori and I start walking forward down the street like we had conquered a great hurdle. I turn around to see if my Dad was following. To my utter amazement and not really surprise  he had pulled ANOTHER spare camera out of his cargo pants (only my immediate family can fully understand and appreciate this story of travelling with my father, although I hope everyone can find some comical relief).









Venice
After we had taken a photo of every crack in the street  we finally sat to eat (not that we needed more food or drink, there has been no lack). The first place we had drinks and a homemade Mushroom Ravioli in truffle butter with flat leave parsley mmm mmm. We then made it to our reservation, I had a Amaron Risotto (the wine of the region) and Pumpkin flowers Au Gratin with Cherry Tomatoes, Lori had a mushroom Gnocchi, Dad had Stewed Donkey on Polenta, this Meal was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!  I had the biggest food baby anyone has ever seen. 







Now settled in Venice we arrived to a water bus and taxi strike (for anyone who knows Venice knows that the best and most efficient way to get around is on water) so, to our painful delight we did eventually work off our dinner from the night before.

Anyhoo I miss everyone! Chao Chao!
Love,
Brandi



1 comment: