Sunday, September 11, 2011

Champagne! Champagne!

Champagne in Champagne!!
Hot Fudge Mint Vanilla Sunday

Early today I was just staring out my window at the quaint little french village roof tops and thinking to myself how fortunate I have found my situation. I recalled back to a year ago and if someone told me I would be painting in France for a month I would probably not have believed them. CAMAC is a belle belle place It is just as you would imagine a french escape would look like. All the red wine has been delicious so far (huge bonus to any place). I went out for dinner tonight with Sara another resident here, it was just wonderful! We biked to Nogent, walked a little, and then sat down for some champagne and a snack. We had an After Eight sunday to finish the evening off with. We did have an interesting bike ride back, we did not keep in mind that biking through the forest beside a river would be scary in the dark LOL! The bike needless to say was twice as fast. The building that CAMAC is in is very old and can get freaky at night. The australian filmmaker nick keeps mentioning that he has to do a little horror film at CAMAC when he is here. 
The other night the wind was howling and you could hear the trees just swaying in the wind. I didn't sleep that well, but at least Freda the black chat was snuggling with me. So the next day at dinner everyone at dinner was discussing the previous windy night. I mentioned that I didn't sleep well. Then Diego this 32 year old taller man looked at me as said "I didn't sleep at all the wind was howling down my fireplace, I was so scared" I'm nodding my head like ya that would get scary, and yes, it would be hard to sleep. Then Diego says "I almost came over to your room". I laughed and said that would not have helped you"! I was thinking the only thing more frightening then the howling wind that night would have been a knock at my door at 3 in the morning!! LOL
Good night.
Love, 
Brandi

A Kucha I made for everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment