Tuesday, September 6, 2011

So Cliche

Field of Sunflowers









Nogent Bakery










Devouring Baguette on the Seine
Well I awoke to a nice sunshiny morning so I decided to bike into Nogent to get some odds and ends. I am starting to get into the rhythm of the french. I finally founds some stores where I could get somethings that I have been needing, it is a bit harder to find things here (there is no Walmart, weird). I had the pleasure of wandering around town I stopped to get some french cheese. Then I sat and had an espresso at at Cafe, it was filled with older men who were drinking this odd liquor which turned foggy when you added ice and water (I opted out of trying some). At the Cafe I had some time to observe the town folk only to find that everyone was wondering with a baguette. So when I left the cafe I stopped a the bakery and got a baguette and stuffed it in my bag. I then biked home with cheese,wine and a baguette sticking out of my bag, past the swans on the seinne, and down the tree covered trail. The whole morning I felt very cliche!! It felt wonderful! 


Love,
Brandi





Notice the nuclear reactor to my right. It definitely adds something to the scenery.

1 comment: