Friday, September 16, 2011

I Aim to Create


My new friends to share my lunch baguette
Well time is at a stand still here for me it almost seems surreal. Although, the church bells are a constant reminder of how the time is passing.  

Yesterday I took a bike to Nogent to pick up my daily baguette and indulge in my morning espresso. I have also made a new friend she speaks little english and I speak practically no french, but I like her. She has sweet dance electronic music on in the morning, AND I love all the old men coming in for their early morning cocktail.  I then went home to make another batch of Apple Butter and Apple Sauce for everyone. I also made a few loaves of Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for everyone (they have not heard of this, it may just be a North American thing).  I would also love to make some puffed wheat square. I don't know how lucky I will get with all of those ingredients. On Monday I plan on taking a loaf of Banana Bread and a jar of Apple butter to my new friend in Nogent. 



Down in the wine cellar

Yesterday one of the residence Diego planned a Champagne tasting for all of our group (seeing how we are living in the region we shall indulge). We had a ton of fun and the Champagne was delightful!! 




Path to Nogent



CHAMPAGNE!! 

This evening for dinner we are having a re-gift exchange as well as we are all dressing up in something that we didn't bring with us to France, in other words something else that we have found here at CAMAC. For dinner I plan to go as Tom Cruise's character in "Risky Business" I found some waiter shirts downstairs and Aliona has some sun glasses for me. This night should be a blast!!

All the best everyone!!
love,
Brandi

1 comment: