Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I hope you find what you are looking for project

For those who are checking out my blog for the first time let me tell you a bit about the project I am participating in. I was sent to Montreal on July first to search for a person that I have never met and know nothing about.  I have to look for this other person in Montreal in a number of creative ways, while doing so I will document my time and expeditions. So far I have been hitting the hot spots in Montreal where I think the most people are and where this person could possibly be.  I have been giving out original drawings (which people are happy to take) with my project information on the back. having received the gift of art from me people are more than willing to here about the project I am working on. Everyone has been very kind thus far and given me their unique advice on the beautiful city of Montreal. I am beginning to think I may miss it here when I have to go home on the 31st of July. The project is run by an Albertan artist. At the end of the project I will be posting all the information about his show.
Today I went to the Biodome with Maria and her 18 month old son Adam, he was very cute.  We had a wonderful visit, and toured the dome pretty fast (adam can walk, but he runs). We finished off visit over pizza a burgers, Maria dropped me at the metro where I got off near Saint Denis. 
These were some really weird
large hamster things with webbed feet.

I decided to tour Saint Denis today because I have not spent a ton of time there (Maria also let me know about a great dessert spot "Rockaberry").  On my way to Rockaberry I planted my drawing seeds in different spots along Saint Denis. I stopped in to Rockaberry, they had an array of large cheesecake like tortes. I chose the Raspberry Cheesecake Fudge mmm mm.
I decided to walk home from Saint Denis just to get to know the area a bit more (unfortunately in flip flops).  I walked by a gallery called the Opp Gallerie et Boutique on Saint-Laurent where I net the director Angelo. Angelo was pleased to hear about my project and was willing to help in any way he could, he also gave me a necklace which has the Montreal symbol on it. Now to end my afternoon I am sitting on the Starbucks patio by my place getting some blogging and computer work done. I plan on painting through the evening and delving into some left-over spaghetti. Tomorrow I am going to meet with my new friend Hannah from my running group for a lunch (she is going to take me to her favourite place). Also on the plate for tomorrow make a sign, I am going to make a "Where's Waldo" sign for my bixi bike, and next week I will dress up like Waldo and bike around for a couple of day's, I will let you know how that goes.
I hope everyone is well and all the best
love,
Brandi

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cool project, Brandi. I'll bet you find your mystery person in now time! Have any hints yet? All those lucky people who get your art for free will help, I'm sure.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete