Thursday, July 7, 2011

I hope you find what you are looking for project/Ah, you have chocolate on your face...

For those who are tuning into my blog for the first time let me tell you a bit about the project I am participating in. I was sent to Montreal on July first to search for a person that I have never met and know nothing about.  I have to look for this other person in Montreal in a number of creative ways, while doing so I will document my time and expeditions. So far I have been hitting the hot spots in Montreal where I think the most people are and where this person could possibly be.  I have been giving out original drawings (which people are happy to take) with my project information on the back. having received the gift of art from me people are more than willing to here about the project I am working on. Everyone has been very kind thus far and given me their unique advice on the beautiful city of Montreal. I am beginning to think I may miss it here when I have to go home on the 31st of July. The project is run by an Albertan artist. At the end of the project I will be posting all the information about his show.



TODAY
Today's plan was to go lounge in a park and read, however I got side tracked (which is easy to do in Montreal). So I started off with making my daily drawings to hand out. Then I packed my backpack with my towel, book, polaroid, drawings and water. I then decided that I should get my "Where's Waldo" Flag made before I go relax. This took me on quite the walk, lets just say I ended up walking for about 20km today (which is good). The sign place ended up being just on the edge of Old Montreal. I spent the day in old Montreal and wandered down to the Port. Being such a hot a beautiful day I decided I should get some chocolate ice cream!! So I was happily eating my ice cream walking along the port on this hot and breezy day, then I got a phone call... As I was talking on the phone my ice cream began to melt FAST. I was attempting to politely keep on with this conversation as it was an important phone call. Success, I finished my cone and got on with my day, rather impressed by my multitasking. I walked the rest of the day admiring in awe the busy city of Montreal, placing my drawing here and there, meeting new people out and about. On my way home  on St Catharines I spotted some people playing the banjo, I'm like I love banjo!! So I ran across to meet these banjo playing musicians. I talk to them for a while and give them a picture, tell them about my project and getting to know a bit about them. Then the one guy say's to me "you have chocolate on your face", I said "really", where? He replied"on your nose there, and your lip, oh and your chin". He said "I thought they might be moles I didn't know if I should say anything". Yes, today I was walking around chocolate faced for about 4 hours. Thanks Banjo man!!



Good Night all, Love,
Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment