Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I hope you find what you are looking for project/Do you know where I can find some fried chicken?

For those who are tuning into my blog for the first time let me tell you a bit about the project I am participating in. I was sent to Montreal on July first to search for a person that I have never met and know nothing about.  I have to look for this other person in Montreal in a number of creative ways, while doing so I will document my time and expeditions. So far I have been hitting the hot spots in Montreal where I think the most people are and where this person could possibly be.  I have been giving out original drawings (which people are happy to take) with my project information on the back. having received the gift of art from me people are more than willing to here about the project I am working on. Everyone has been very kind thus far and given me their unique advice on the beautiful city of Montreal. I am beginning to think I may miss it here when I have to go home on the 31st of July. The project is run by an Albertan artist. At the end of the project I will be posting all the information about his show.
Good day to you all!! The picture above is of me dipping my feet into Le Fountain Parc's lake. I took a nice long bike ride yesterday searching for clues for the project, sadly I have not found anything yet. But I am not losing hope, I will just have to brainstorm for some more inventive ways of finding this person, I am open for suggestion. I do have some creative things in mind you will just have to stay tuned. Yesterday in the Le Fountain was just lovely, I sat on le parc bench reading for a couple of hours until it began to rain again. I met a couple from NY who were here visiting for the week and just loved Montreal. I posted one of my pics for the project on the bench and gave one to the couple as well.  I did however forget that I taped my drawing to the bench I was sitting on, I sat up and leaned back on the drawing with my white shirt, typical brandi move (this is why I should never wear white). Hopefully someone got to this drawing before it rained too hard. 
Today I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art and toured around and tomorrow I plan to go to some more Art centres to search, maybe this other person is and artist, I don't know. 
This evening I went to Training Mobs run club and got my butt kicked, but in a good way, tons of fun and a great way to meet new people!! We were stretching at the end of the session outside of Lululemon on Saint Catharines and a guy mid 20's  stops and asks us "hey where can I find some fried chicken"? I thought he was joking asking the run club where he could find fried chicken, but nope. He was totally serious!! He was on a major hunt for some KFC. I could not stop laughing.

Until next time,
Love,
Brandi

6 comments:

  1. your feet sure dont look dry in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time your in Lululemon ask for Peter and rack his brain a little to help you with some ideas to somehow find what your looking for (i.e. perhaps through the yoga or lululemon world in Montreal)....tell him Jodi told you so - good luck:):):) I also have a great location/deck coverage in a highly popular area to hang a nice outdoor painting to draw some attention to waldo......hopefully our paths will cross soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How will the other individual you are searching for recognize your beautiful drawings as being part of the project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the couple you met in Parc Lafontaine:
    It was a pleasure meeting you and hearing about your adventure. It certainly will be a story we tell about our trip. Good luck in finding the person you are looking for and have a great time in Montreal.
    Nicole & Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  5. They found a dead body in park lafontaine the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandi,
    I am wondering about the parameters in you posting. Are you allowed to do it in coffee shops and what not? Like in areas of retail and such? And what about tshirt? I know that you have had those made in the past, what about wearing one around? Is that something that you would be able to do-Let me know? I like thinking of these things :) Loves.

    ReplyDelete