Friday, July 15, 2011

I hope you find what you are looking for Project/I've got a need for speed!

For those who are tuning into my blog for the first time let me tell you a bit about the project I am participating in. I was sent to Montreal on July first to search for a person that I have never met and know nothing about.  I have to look for this other person in Montreal in a number of creative ways, while doing so I will document my time and expeditions. So far I have been hitting the hot spots in Montreal where I think the most people are and where this person could possibly be.  I have been giving out original drawings (which people are happy to take) with the project information on the back and my blog. Having received the gift of art from me people are more than willing to here about the project I am working on. Everyone has been very kind thus far and given me their unique advice on what to do or see in the beautiful city of Montreal. I am beginning to think I may miss it here when I have to go home on the 31st of July. The project is run by an Albertan artist. At the end of the project I will be posting all the information about his show.

Me sitting under the bridge watching the Italian Fire works show, note I am wearing my bike helmet. Somehow I was hit with a dime that fell from the sky. 


On Wednesday my friend Andrew was going to the theme park on the island across from Montreal. I wanted to see the international fireworks competition, so I asked if I could bike there with andrew (not knowing at all how to get there myself). Andrew went to the carnival and left me to my own means on the island. I shortly figured out that this was a beautiful man made island with little ponds and waterfalls. I sat for a couple hours writing and waiting for it to get dark. I got to watch the sun set on Montreal from the waters edge as well, that was really nice. Although my peace and quite was disrupted when Carly (my bf) skyped me and asked me to take him through cooking a stir-fry (really?). Then the next day he says to me "the rice took WAY more water then you said it would". oh gosh.
I met Andrew below the Jean Drapeau Bridge to watch the fireworks. They were unbelievable!! Each country choreographs their fireworks set and you can pick the music up on the radio. We were so close each firework pulsed into our  bodies. And the music with the fireworks took you through this like emotional journey. It is very hard to describe, but Italia gets my vote for the competition!! Then we all biked back from "the works" as a "bike posse" I would call it. We were going soooo fast I would have to say that we beat the traffic home by an hour. Now I have this crazy need for speed!! 
This is my sidewalk chalk in front of the biosphere.

Whilst I was chillin across from montreal I received a text from my friend Aliah. Aliah is a photographer for the band "The Consonance" and was passing trough Montreal the next day. Finally I got to be the guide through Montreal.

NEXT DAY 
This is me "chalking" the path at Le fountain parc which I have to say is a pretty central hub for the bike paths. 
This is my friend Aliah photographing The Consonance. 

So as the band was busking I was drawing next to them and sidewalk chalked the fountain. It was a great new way to see people respond to the project in that setting. Thanks to the band for letting me hang for a bit. People really loved their jazz!! We were sitting in that little area that reminds be of europe off of St Denis.


Until next time.
LOVE,
Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment