Sunday, July 24, 2011

I hope you find what you are looking for project/Tour de Montreal


For those who are tuning into my blog for the first time let me tell you a bit about the project I am participating in. I was sent to Montreal on July first to search for a person that I have never met and know nothing about.  I have to look for this other person in Montreal in a number of creative ways, while doing so I will document my time and expeditions. So far I have been hitting the hot spots in Montreal where I think the most people are and where this person could possibly be.  I have been giving out original drawings (which people are happy to take) with the project information on the back and my blog. Having received the gift of art from me people are more than willing to here about the project I am working on. Everyone has been very kind thus far and given me their unique advice on what to do or see in the beautiful city of Montreal. I am beginning to think I may miss it here when I have to go home on the 31st of July. The project is run by an Albertan artist. At the end of the project I will be posting all the information about his show.





My current day photo of Habitat 67

This is an old original photo of the Habitat 


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_67
Habitat 67 was built as part of Expo 67 in Montreal, the habitat was designed by a university student at Mcgill University it was his masters thesis. You should read more about it, it is quite interesting. Each place has a view and a garden, this was very ahead of its time.

 Today I headed out with full intentions to dance dance dance at Picnic Electronic on the island (as I was invited and many people suggested I go). I biked my way over to the island (thankful that i remembered the way). I got to the island and to my dismay there was no picnic this sunday. Darn! But it didn't break my stride or should I say it didn't break my wheels a turnin'.  I decided to do a Tour de Montreal!! And what a great tour it was!


Here was a Cirque performance in the village. 



This was a performance at a rowing competition on the island





Here is me as "Where's Waldo" striking resemblance I know! For some reason a make really dorky faces with glasses on, I have this need to scrunch my nose when speaking to others. I might have been influenced too much by Steve Urkel  as a child TGIF!!


So in the end I got to the Tam Tams, it would be the clever place to be on a Sunday. I took stand at a busy corner and plopped down into drawing mode. I met some really cool people who were happy to have a little drawing and hear about the project. I ran out of paper in a flash (I came with quite a bit). 



So all in all a lovely and productive day in the metropolis of Montreal.

I hope you find what you are looking for.
Love,
Brandi




1 comment:

  1. osheaga. go there! everyone will be there!

    ReplyDelete